VQ Model aircraft model L-4 Grasshopper, (US military version of the Piper Cub) wingspan 1520 mm gasoline glow or electric engines .46 class
The "Grasshopper", originally called O-59, was the military version of the famous Piper J3 Cub.
The state-unitense aeronautics ordered the first O-59s in 1941 with the aim of carrying out some tests in conjunction with the then growing interest in light aircraft for observation tasks in support of ground troops.
Between 1941 and 1945, about 6,000 of these aircraft were used in the USAAF.
During the second war, the "Grasshoppers" were employed for various tasks all over the world, such as: support for artillery pointing, pilot training, training for glider pilots, mail and link services.
The maximum range of the "Grasshopper" was 306 km while the maximum operating altitude was 2,835 meters.
The wings of the L-4 were installed above the cockpit and the trolleys were of the bicycle type, fixed.
The total length of the Grasshopper was about 6.7 meters, while the wingspan was 10.7 meters.
The total weight was 331 kg when empty, while at full load 553 kg came.
Thanks to the high quality of production, this model is brought in order of flight in a few jobs.
It is designed to accommodate any type of motorization, glow 2 and 4-stroke, petrol and electric.
It is equipped with removable platforms for greater ease of transport.
The behavior in flight is similar to a trainer but extremely realistic.
Technical features :
- CNC construction in balsa and plywood with "stairs" details. Functional doors already hinged from the factory.
- PVC coating
- Canopy and plastic windows.
- Main aluminum trolley with "Piper" style cushioning system
- Glass fiber engine hood painted in the factory and with anti-mix treatment.
- Assembly of wings by means of an aluminum tube.
- Dual ailerons
- Wooden anchors with simple and secure fixing system
- Tie rods
- Double engine bunk included (for petrol engines and electric motors)
- Hardware package to complete assembly (olive, squares, tank, wheels, screws, etc.)
- Manual in English
Excluded: Engine, servocontrol, mixing pipe, glues